The Hack The North 2.0 event set teams the challenge to innovate and use data to join up support services for vulnerable people in Manchester. Host Rachel Woods looks back at the hackathon and explains why it was so inspiring.
Rachel Woods, lead product owner, DWP Digital
I’m a senior product owner at DWP Digital and I’ve just returned to work after the birth of my second child.
I’m Rachel Woods, a senior product owner at DWP Digital. At the recent cross-government event for product managers in Leeds (hosted by HMRC) I was asked to talk about mission statements.
Hi, I’m Rachel Woods, a product owner at DWP Digital. On 21 and 22 February myself and colleagues from government departments and agencies such as the NHS, DVLA, Home Office and the Government Digital Service came together in Leeds for a …
I was very excited just before Christmas when the DWP Secure Communications team headed out into the big world to test our authentication service with real General Practitioners (GPs). Our team is currently working hard to get our service into Private …
The Secure Communications team recently passed their GDS Alpha review to move into Beta. Product Owner Rachel Woods reflects on the review and offers some insider knowledge on the experience. There's a phrase often used in the legal world: "if …
Related content and links
About DWP Digital
At the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP), we blog about how we are transforming the public services that millions of people rely on.
Work for us
- Innovation from discovery to alpha: 6 tips for negotiating that grey area 9 September 2021
- Podcast: Collaborating for success – Jira to SaaS migration 31 August 2021
- Podcast: Building Europe’s biggest payment system 30 July 2021
- Taking on imposter syndrome and challenging ourselves: our new Digital Voices start their journey 9 July 2021
- Podcast: Powering decisions with data 5 July 2021