After almost 5 years, departing Chief Technology Officer, Juan Villamil reflects on what it’s been like working on the UK’s biggest digital transformation.
Juan Villamil, Chief Technology Officer
Juan is the Director of Enterprise Infrastructure and Production Operations at DWP Technology. He joined the department in May 2015.
Prior to joining DWP, he worked at BT where his last role was as Chief Technology Officer for BT Sport, with responsibility for the architecture, design and delivery of the channel's technology.
We can use the analogy of DNA to describe how the Department’s IT infrastructure sets the blueprint for future IT services. It’s core to our ability to provide better services to our customers and colleagues. We can also draw parallels …
What does it take to move one of the largest and most complex IT estates in the country to the cloud?
Related content and links
About DWP Digital
At the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP), we blog about how we are transforming the public services that millions of people rely on.
Work for us
- Sharing our vision for DWP Digital 10 May 2021
- Completing our VME-R programme: replacing ageing infrastructure 28 April 2021
- How architecture is pushing our transformation forward 26 April 2021
- Be aware of stress and the importance of your mental health 19 April 2021
- Five tips for running a remote Design Sprint 31 March 2021