After almost 5 years, departing Chief Technology Officer, Juan Villamil reflects on what it’s been like working on the UK’s biggest digital transformation.
Juan Villamil, Chief Technology Officer
Juan is the Director of Enterprise Infrastructure and Production Operations at DWP Technology. He joined the department in May 2015.
Prior to joining DWP, he worked at BT where his last role was as Chief Technology Officer for BT Sport, with responsibility for the architecture, design and delivery of the channel's technology.
We can use the analogy of DNA to describe how the Department’s IT infrastructure sets the blueprint for future IT services. It’s core to our ability to provide better services to our customers and colleagues. We can also draw parallels …
What does it take to move one of the largest and most complex IT estates in the country to the cloud?
Related content and links
About DWP Digital
At the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP), we blog about how we are transforming the public services that millions of people rely on.
Work for us
- Using Analytics to improve a new digital service 6 August 2020
- Our Digital Voices six months on: new challenges, new ways of working and finding a balance 3 August 2020
- Our experience so far working in DWP Digital’s user research community 30 July 2020
- Designing to improve a live pension service 17 July 2020
- 100% coverage, an increase in online users and award nominations for Tell Us Once 17 July 2020