I’m Ben Holliday, I lead the user centred design team at DWP Digital. Over the last three years we’ve been hiring designers to help us deliver user centred products and services.
Head of User Experience Design
The Cross Government Design meeting took place recently, with more than 60 people gathering at Digital DWP. This was the 9th gathering of designers from across government, along with designers from the Government Digital Service (GDS). It was also the …
This week Digital DWP is sponsoring Leeds GovJam 2015. GovJam is a global event. It’s for anyone and everyone with an interest in public services and making them better. We think this event is a good fit for us. I …
In my previous Digital Academy blog post, I wrote about how to get started with discovery research. Ideally your team will have been part of this process, getting involved with research and taking part in analysis sessions. For people like …
At the start of a project in ‘Discovery’ your team’s job is to learn as much as possible about what your users need to do. Your goal is to understand the user needs for the service before you start to …
As part of our digital transformation we’re looking for people to work with us in new digital design roles. Our aim is to build DWP digital services for GOV.UK that are so good, people prefer to use them over the …
Related content and links
About DWP Digital
At the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP), we blog about how we are transforming the public services that millions of people rely on.
Work for us
- Innovation from discovery to alpha: 6 tips for negotiating that grey area 9 September 2021
- Podcast: Collaborating for success – Jira to SaaS migration 31 August 2021
- Podcast: Building Europe’s biggest payment system 30 July 2021
- Taking on imposter syndrome and challenging ourselves: our new Digital Voices start their journey 9 July 2021
- Podcast: Powering decisions with data 5 July 2021